Financial News<< Back
Sleep Number Unveils Award-Winning Innovations at CES 2020 with Climate360™ Smart Bed and New 360® Smart Beds
Climate360™ smart bed wins CES® Best of Innovation with advanced temperature technology; features of the new 360® smart beds provide individuals nearly 100 additional hours of quality sleep each year
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200106005611/en/
The new Sleep Number Climate360™ smart bed, a CES 2020 “Best of Innovation” winner, is the first-ever bed that uses advanced temperature technology to create a personalized and responsive microclimate that has automatic firmness adjustability. (Photo: Business Wire)
Sleep is vital for healthy living. It strengthens immunity, increases the ability to focus, sharpens cognitive function, and improves physical health and emotional well-being. Yet society still struggles with how to achieve adequate sleep, both quality and quantity. The CDC has declared sleep disorders a public health epidemic, claiming one-in-three adults are not getting adequate sleep.
The new award-winning Sleep Number Climate360 and 360 smart beds help solve the most significant sleep challenges and effortlessly deliver proven quality sleep. Based on analysis of over 25 million sleep sessions,
“Sleep Number is making significant advancements to address the global sleep crisis that is affecting the health of millions. With more than 700 million sleep sessions of data and research, our digital health platform is linking quality sleep to individualized wellness, and our 360 smart beds are delivering proven higher quality sleep,” said
New Sleep Number Climate360™ smart bed
Sleep Number’s new Climate360 smart bed is designed to help people fall asleep faster and stay asleep, by creating personalized and effortless microclimates. The bed adjusts throughout the night, warming and cooling each side, designed to work with a sleeper’s natural sleep cycles. The Climate360 smart bed balances temperature and comfort, giving sleepers deeper, more restful sleep.
- The microclimate comfort options include adjustments on each side to heat and cool the mattress based on a sleeper’s individual comfort preferences. The Climate360 technology provides up to 12 degrees of cooling through an evaporative cooling process and can warm the bed up to a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit through active heating.
- It is designed to work with your natural sleep cycle for deeper, more restful sleep. It first gently warms either or both sides of the bed, which is proven to aid in falling asleep faster. Then, it actively cools the sleeper’s body several degrees with ambient air, balancing the sleeper’s temperature to keep them asleep longer.
It delivers the proven quality sleep that comes standard with a
Sleep Number360® smart bed through effortless adjustability and individualized firmness on each side with SleepIQ technology.
- It is integrated with Sleep Number’s smart adjustable base, offering both head and foot adjustability for more individualized comfort options.
The Climate360 smart bed received the CES 2020 Best of Innovation award and was selected as a CES Innovation Honorees across Health & Wellness and Tech for a Better World categories. It comes with a FlexFit™ 2 smart adjustable base and will retail for
Advancements to Award-Winning Sleep Number 360® Smart Beds
Advancements to the
SleepIQ technology captures more than 10 billion biometric data points each night. It uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to automatically adjust the comfort and support for each individual and delivers personalized insights to consumers via the SleepIQ® mobile application to improve quality sleep. The new SleepIQ capabilities will help sleepers continually improve their sleep and evaluate how lifestyle choices and sleep hygiene habits are contributing to deeper, more restful sleep. These new technology updates will be provided to all current 360 smart bed users.
- Monthly Wellness Reports that provide personalized insights, highlighting sleep health, cardiovascular health and respiratory health, and circadian stability (the 24-hour cycle that optimizes sleep).
- Sleep Circadian Analytics that help sleepers track their sleep and wake times and provide guidance on how to optimize sleep and wake times. For example, insights will show sleepers what time of day they’re most alert, so they can schedule important meetings or tasks during that window. It also suggests the best time for them to do things like workout, eat, and wind down.
- Heart Rate Variability (HRV) Measurement that tracks variation between each heartbeat. By monitoring this over time, SleepIQ can inform users of stress levels and stress resiliency. Stress resiliency is an indicator of a person’s ability to respond to stressful events and is an important measure of overall cardiovascular health.
The 360 smart beds were selected as a CES 2020 Innovation Honoree in three categories: Smart Home, Health & Wellness, and Tech for a Better World. The new 360 smart bed portfolio starts at
A History of Sleep Technology and Smart Beds
With the advent of the 360 smart bed, SleepIQ and automatic adjustability have become a hallmark of
To learn more about Sleep Number’s new portfolio and experience the new award-winning smart beds, visit Sleep Number’s exhibit at CES 2020 in
As a purpose-driven company, Sleep Number’s mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. Our revolutionary
To experience proven quality sleep, visit SleepNumber.com or one of over 610 Sleep Number® stores. More information is available on our newsroom and investor relations site.
Statements used in this news release relating to future plans, events, financial results or performance are forward-looking statements subject to certain risks and uncertainties including, among others, such factors as current and future general and industry economic trends and consumer confidence; the effectiveness of our marketing messages; the efficiency of our advertising and promotional efforts; our ability to execute our company-controlled distribution strategy; our ability to achieve and maintain acceptable levels of product and service quality; our ability to continue to improve and expand our product line; consumer acceptance of our products, product quality, innovation and brand image; our manufacturing processes with minimal levels of inventory, which may leave us vulnerable to shortages in supply; our dependence on significant suppliers, including several sole-source suppliers; rising commodity costs and other inflationary pressures; risks inherent in global sourcing activities, including tariffs and the potential for shortages in supply; risks of disruption in the operation of either of our two primary manufacturing facilities; increasing government regulations; and the vulnerability of our and third-party information systems to attacks by hackers or other cyber threats that could compromise the security of our systems, result in a data breach or disrupt our business. Additional information concerning these and other risks and uncertainties is contained in the company’s filings with the
Sleep Number Public Relations